Sunday, October 26, 2014

Zuppa di Pesce Simplice (Simple Italian Fish Stew)

Zuppa di Pesce Simplice

(Simple Italian Fish Stew)
Recipe by Maria

When I was little, this was one of the only ways I would eat fish.  There's an unexpected ingredient - read on!

  • Sauté one large onions and several cloves of garlic in olive oil
  • add carrots and celery to taste (I added 4 of each)
  • sauté until al dente
  • add a box of Pomi chopped tomatoes (or organic chopped tomatoes)
  • add sliced potatoes (8 small potatoes)
  • When everything is tender, but not too, too soft I lay cod fish fillets on top of the whole mixture and then drizzle some of the broth over the fish. 
  • Simmer until the fish is done... 
  • Enjoy with a loaf of crusty bread. 
My mother used to add raisins... yes, raisins!  
It adds a sweetness that is soooo delicious!
(I use Trader Joe's organic raisins)

This is such a warm and delicious way to eat fish.  I'll bet you use the bread to soak up all the zuppa at the bottom of the bowl!

~ Have a wonderful new week ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment